We are looking for young adults to take care of the youth during the FSY week who are a role model for living according to the principles of the gospel. If you have already applied to be an FSY counselor: check the status of your application.
- Must attend Mini-FSY and the weekend before FSY
- Young adult
- Temple worthy
- Male applicants must be Returned Missionaries
- Be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in good standing
- Testimony of the restored gospel
- Experienced with youth work
- Buoyant personality
- Institute student
- Be able to work well with co-workers
- Be able to motivate and discipline when necessary
- Age between 20 and 30 years on first day of conference
- Love of youth and of working with them
- Recommendation from bishop/branch president
- Be prepared to serve a full week with little sleep only
- Participation in training sessions
- Be able to work long hours
- Abide by the FSY standards for dress and appearance
- Assigned to group of 8-14 youth of the corresponding gender or as a one to one counsellor to youth with special needs
- Responsible for the physical and spiritual well-being of each participant for the entire week-long program
- Both formal and informal teaching is required
- Be a proper example of a devoted disciple of Jesus Christ
Please open an online profile with a photo. Download and print out the application. The form needs to be signed by you and your bishop/branch president. Upload a scanned copy of the signed form and submit the application.
If you are currently serving a mission please ask your mission president to sign your form. You can then upload your signed form and submit the application.
Online applications may start on 1 November every year and will be terminated as soon as a sufficient number of counsellors and other members of staff have been called.