There is a time and a place for many things. FSY is not the time or the place for engaging in romantic behaviour, playing pranks, or having conversations regarding politics, unrevealed doctrine, or other sensitive topics. Remember: youth are guests at the FSY facility and they have committed to follow the Saviour’s example.
Everything and everyone should be better because they were there.
Participants at FSY are expected to follow all principles taught in
The following prohibited activities will result in staff speaking with youth’s parents and may result in staff contacting the youth's bishop and/or sending the youth home immediately at the youth’s own expense and with no refund, at FSY staff's sole discretion.
• Participating in or encouraging immoral behaviour of any kind, which includes breaking the law of chastity or viewing or distributing pornography in any form
• Shoplifting, theft, or vandalism of any kind
• Breaking the Word of Wisdom, including vaping and possessing illegal or harmful substances 1
• Possessing weapons, including pocketknives, firearms, or other banned items of any kind 2
• Harming or threatening to harm themselves or others physically, spiritually, or emotionally, including any form of bullying or disruption of other's FSY experience
All crimes and harmful or destructive incidents or pranks will be reported to local authorities. Consequences of actions taken by local authorities are out of our control.
1 – Illegal or harmful substances include but are not limited to marijuana, marijuana edibles, vape pens, prescription medication that isn’t prescribed to the individual, alcohol, tobacco products, etc
2 – Weapons include but are not limited to any device designed or intended to inflict serious bodily injury or death, including but not limited to firearms, knives (including swords, daggers, switch blades), clubs or night sticks, tasers, and explosives. Other banned Items include fireworks; pocketknives; chemical irritants (e.g., pepper spray); flammables (matches, lighters); sling shots, airsoft, pellet or bb guns; or other items that FSY staff, at their sole discretion, may from time to time prohibit.