Karl Hirst and Claire Hirst
Session Directing Couple, UK Birmingham - 2023
From Monday 7 August 2023 to Saturday 12 August 2023.
East Midlands Conference Centre, University of Nottingham, Beeston Lane, Nottingham NG7 2RJ
from Friday 14 July 2023 ( 17:00 ) to Sunday 16 July 2023.
Univeristy of Nottingham
Youth from the following stakes are specially invited to participate in this year’s Birmingham FSY. These stakes provide financial support for their youth and organise coach travel to and from FSY.
In each stake/district there is one person in charge of answering inquiries of participants concerning travel schedules, itineraries etc.
Youth from these stakes are given priority for registration. If their registration is received by 23 April 2023, they are guaranteed a place at FSY. Registrations after 23 April 2023 can only be accepted if there are still vacancies.
Youth from other stakes/districts not mentioned above may register and are placed on a waiting list. Should there still be still vacancies after 23 April 2023, registrations will be accepted on a first come first served basis (signed incoming mail).
Their journey to FSY and back home will not be organised by FSY or any stake/district. Neither will the cost be subsidised but must be paid in full by the participant.
The participant fee for FSY is £ 75-.
Transportation must be arranged for the youth to arrive between 11:00am and 13:00pm on the first day of the conference 07/08/2023. The specially invited stakes/districts will take care of that and plan accordingly. Youth should not arrive before 11:00am.
If parents take their children to FSY, they should leave the site after saying good-bye to their children at check in.
If participants travel by train, they can be picked up from the station on 07/08/2023 and taken back there on 12/08/2023. For this shuttle service we need to know the names of the travellers, their exact arrival time at the station (between 11.30 - 12.30 hrs) and their mobile number through e-mail to email@example.com by 3 July 2023.
Please plan your return journey for us to take you to the station between 09.30 - 10.30 hrs.
The return journey on Saturday should start between 09.00 and 11.00am. The specially invited stakes/districts will organise transportation by bus accordingly.
All youth must have left by 11.00 am.
Please bring the following things to FSY:
• Paper Scriptures, (digital ones can be used) For the Strength of Youth pamphlet, Preach my Gospel (small or standard size) and pen or pencil
Please ensure all clothing worn at FSY meets the standards of dress & appearance detailed on the standards page and Dress & Appearance page of the For the strength of youth booklet
• Smart/Casual/Comfortable Clothes for everyday wear & Tuesday dance
• Sunday Dress clothes for Thursday activities (what you would normally wear for Church on a Sunday)
• Best Dress Clothes for Friday dance
• Waterproof coat in case of adverse weather and sun cream in case of hot weather
• Dress and casual shoes. (Note: Shoes must be worn during dances and all other activities.)
• Personal toiletry items: toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, soap, shampoo, conditioner, tissues, etc.
• Optional: inexpensive camera, materials/instruments for variety show,
• Personal Medications
• Small amount of spending money for incidentals or emergencies.
• There is a small fridge in each room if participants wish to store drinks, snacks or medication etc
• Refillable Water Bottle
• Towels and bed linen are all provided by the University.
Please do not bring:
Any use of a mobile phone or MP3-player during an FSY activity is prohibited. If you feel you cannot deal with this on your own, we advise you to leave them at home. Moreover portable stereo devices, DVD/CD-players, gaming devices or similar things. Bicycles, in-liners or skateboards are not allowed.
Each participant will be allocated to a group of 10-12 youth their own age:
• 13-15-year-olds (age on first day of conference)
• 16-18-year-olds (age on first day of conference)
Groups at FSY consist of one age group only. The allocation is automatic according to your birth date.
If you turn 16 between 1 May 2023 and 31 December 2023, you may choose for yourself which age group you prefer.
If you want to be in the same group with a friend, you may name one person with your registration on the internet. That person needs to be
• the same gender
• the same age
• you must mutually mention each other with your registration.
Therefore please co-ordinate this before you register.
This arrangement is non-committal as the groups will be combined from all participating stakes/districts. However, we will try to do our best to accommodate your wishes.
Please consider the allocation of groups and rooms as an opportunity to meet new people. Such friendships may become a lifelong enrichment.
Information on group and room allocation will be given at check-in only.
Each FSY participant is expected to participate in every activity.
Leaving the Venue
For safety reasons participants are not allowed to leave the premises during the FSY week. If parents want to pick up their children before the end of the week, they must make a prior arrangement with the FSY administrators.